Tips for Setting Healthy New Routines
Transitioning back to daily life after completing a rehab program can present several challenges, but we’re here to help you embrace life after rehab and continue on the path of sobriety. By setting goals, developing new routines, and partaking in new hobbies, you can discover for yourself how fulfilling life after rehab can truly be.
For more personalized assistance, Mount Sinai Wellness Center is here for you. Give us a call at (800) 353-4673 to schedule a consultation.
Advice for Sober Living After Addiction Rehabilitation
Transitioning into an independent life of sobriety is a significant challenge faced after rehab. Staying sober after rehab can be difficult, due to triggers and temptations. Fortunately, the skills, tools, and knowledge gained during treatment can help navigate this new road.
Relapsing is one of the biggest challenges many addicts in recovery face, both during and after rehab. Cravings, stress, anxiety, and old acquaintances can all be potential threats when you're trying to stay sober. While there are factors that can lead to relapse, there are steps you can take to avoid that risk and set yourself up for success. This may include the following and more:
- Avoiding unwanted/negative distractions: Daily life is filled with distractions that can lead you away from your recovery path. It's essential to learn how to manage these distractions effectively.
- Managing stress: Life after rehab can be stressful as you find new ways to navigate work, relationships, and mental/physical health. Managing stress within these areas is crucial to maintaining sobriety.
- Identifying addictive tendencies: Sometimes, people who give up one addiction may develop another if the underlying issues are not addressed. It's important to be aware of this risk and take steps to prevent it.
- Addressing feelings of loneliness or boredom: After leaving a structured environment like rehab, you may feel lonely or bored. These feelings can lead to relapse if not managed appropriately.
- Coping with cravings: Even after completing rehab, cravings for substances can still occur. Learning to manage these cravings is a key part of recovery.
- Maintaining a healthy balance of priorities: After rehab, it's important to create a daily and weekly schedule that balances work, leisure, relationships, and self-care.
- Establishing a new normal: After rehab, it's important to establish a new normal, which includes understanding the importance of routine, having a safe place to live, and knowing how to navigate life's challenges.
Continuing to Climb the Mountain
At Mount Sinai Wellness Center, we understand that the climb continues after rehab. That’s why we’re here to help you stay on track and reach your goals. To get started on a rehabilitation plan or to schedule a post-rehab check-in, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team today. Contact us at (800) 353-4673 to schedule an appointment.