Enjoying Spring Break During Recovery
For those in recovery, spring break can be a challenging time. With the promise of fun and relaxation, it can be difficult to resist the temptation of substances. However, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this celebratory time without compromising your sobriety.
We’ve compiled tips for having fun without substances, and for further assistance on enjoying spring break during recovery, we are here to help. Contact us at (800) 353-4673 to schedule a consultation with a medical professional.
Finding Exciting Alternatives
At Mount Sinai Wellness Center, we understand that staying sober during spring break is not always easy, especially if you are fresh into your recovery journey. Fortunately, when it comes to having fun without substances during spring break, there are lots of activities you can do that don't involve drugs or alcohol. Here are some ideas:
- Go camping with friends or family - explore nature and get some fresh air.
- Take a road trip - visit new places and make memories with your loved ones.
- Have a movie night - watch films you love with your loved ones.
- Try something new - take up a hobby like painting or cooking, or try out an adventure sport like kayaking or rock climbing.
- Spend time outdoors - go for a hike, bike ride, or picnic in the park to get outside.
- Get creative – write, play music, draw pictures, create videos, paint, etc.
- Play games - board games, video games, sports games, or whatever you’re into!
- Volunteer - help out at a local charity organization or animal shelter.
We’re Here to Help You Live a Healthier Life
At Mount Sinai Wellness Center, we believe in empowering individuals to lead healthy lives free from substance abuse. Our team always strives to provide a supportive and safe environment where patients can focus on their recovery and receive personalized care from trained professionals. We utilize a holistic approach to addiction treatment that helps individuals develop the skills they need to maintain long-term sobriety.
To learn more about having fun without substances, feel free to schedule an appointment with a team member at (800) 353-4673. We are here to support you every step of the way on your journey towards recovery.