Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Georgia
Compassionate Drug Rehab & Holistic Healing in the Atlanta Area
When a person is battling drug addiction, they are battling a chronic illness in which an individual presents compulsive, or uncontrollable, drug seeking behavior or use despite the negative consequences.
Today, there are several illicit drugs that all have different effects on the body and brain. This makes treatment a complicated process because it cannot be standardized or streamlined. At Mount Sinai Wellness Center, each patient receives an individualized treatment plan after going through a thorough evaluation and assessment by medical staff.
When seeking drug addiction treatment in Georgia, you won’t have to go through it alone. We’ll remain by your side every step of your path towards sobriety and recovery. Call (800) 353-4673 today!
What Does Drug Addiction Treatment Involve?
Because each patient has a different underlying reason for their addiction and the addiction affects them in different ways, it’s important that we offer a variety of approaches toward treatment.
Depending on a patient’s individual needs, treatment could include:
- Mandatory participation in self-help groups
- Mandatory behavioral therapy
- Mandatory individual and/or family therapy
- Addressing any underlying mental health conditions
- Treatment for chemical dependency
- Development of tools and effective strategies to cope with cravings and unsettling emotions
- Lessons to avoid relapse and maintain full sobriety
The Types of Illicit Drugs
While many people are quick to identify cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, and even marijuana as illicit drugs, they often overlook prescription medications, which are highly addictive and are often misused.
Today, illicit drugs are divided into two categories: those that are illegal to possess, sell, use, grow, or produce and legal prescription medication that is often illegally bought, sold, or obtained. Common prescription medication addictions include OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet, Ativan, Xanax, Ambien, and Valium, plus any of their likes or derivatives.
How We Provide Effective Treatment
It’s no surprise that treating drug addiction is difficult. The chronic nature of drug addiction and the ways it affects the brain’s pleasure and motivational centers mean that someone simply refraining from using drugs for a few days is not a viable cure. Instead, most patients require long-term or repeated treatment to reach full sobriety and alter their lives.
At Mount Sinai, we combine evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions, medication-assisted treatment, and holistic methods to provide a comprehensive and effective treatment plan for each patient.
In order to measure the effectiveness of treatment, The National Institute of Drug Abuse developed a set of principles that should form the basis of any treatment program.
These principles include:
- While addiction is a disease that affects both brain function and behavior, it can be effectively treated
- A qualified staff member needs to monitor any drug use that occurs during treatment.
- There are more stages to treatment than simply completing medically assisted detox.
- It is of paramount importance that a patient remains in treatment long enough.
- Treatment needs to be able to be accessed quickly by anyone seeking it.
- Treatment needs to focus on more than just a patient’s drug addiction.
- Medications, paired with counseling and behavioral therapies, are extremely important parts of the treatment process.
- Any patient needs to be evaluated and treated for any underlying mental illnesses in addition to their drug addiction.
- Treatment plans need to be ever changing in order to fit a patient’s varying needs.
- Involuntary treatment is just as effective as voluntary treatment.
At Mount Sinai, we look forward to transforming your life through successfully proven treatment methods.
To get started with your recovery, call Mount Sinai at (800) 353-4673. Our treatment center welcomes people from Atlanta and all over Georgia.